A friendly place to find help & encourage one another
Last week I had a mini brainstorm as I longingly looked at my To Do list, wishing I had the time to research all of the great marketing ideas, site promotional tools, and fantastic free services that I simply don’t have the time to research.
Then the idea struck me.
I bet there are lots of other people who wanted to learn about these things too! Why don’t we take a mass ‘mastermind’ approach and just plain split up the work?
You guys liked the idea too. I was very happy about that.
The To Do Wish List Officially Launches
Here are the things that we all want to learn more about:
- Putting together a Squidoo Lens
- Learning how to get somewhere on Reddit
- Learning how to get somewhere on Furl
- Learning how to get somewhere on BumpZee
- Learning how to get somewhere on Newsvine
- Easton Ellsworth on Being a Good Newsvine User
- Learning Stumbleupon start to finish
- Building out a strong profile and socializing on MySpace, and why would someone want to do so?
- Building out a strong profile and socializing on Wallop…
- Building out a strong profile and socializing on CafeMom.com
- Creating a Google Toolbar icon to get gazillions of subscribers
- Taking the time to submit my best articles to the article submission sites
- Ponn on Article Submission Made Easy
- Determine whether ads & affiliate marketing might reduce the value of my blog to my readers
- Find a good way to find & offer to be a guest blogger
- Compare phpBB2 and SMF to determine which would make a better forum
- Learning to re-vamp my front page to show off my back catalogue better
- Figuring out whether video is worth it
- Social bookmarking and media strategy
- Social bookmarking plugins
- Conducting and recording weekly training conference calls
- How to build a CafePress shop with some nice graphics/design
- Favicon creation, setup and justification
- Choosing and reading web stats packages
- Setting up the Related Posts plugin
- Theme switching systemization for WordPress
- SEO for specific keywords
- Amazon affiliation (integration?) on WordPress
- Customizing themes for usability
- How to start Podcasting
- 3D site buttons (esp. for RSS feeds)
- Set up Google Webmaster Tools for a domain
- How to write a press release
- Make your own little search “addition” to the built in search in Internet Explorer 7 and FireFox?
- Asked and answered by Matt
The individuals who have expressed interest in participating are:
- Hugh Hollowell
- Jordan McCollum
- Scott Davis
- Sue Olson
- Adam Kayce
- Derek Semmler
- Easton Ellsworth
- Stephen Welton (?)
- Dennis Bjørn Petersen
- Nathania Johnson
- Kim Dushinski
- Chris Gray
- Joe Cheray
- Amanda (?)
- David Airey
- Ponn Sabra
So we have at least 19 people, 21 if the people I was unsure about decide they want to participate. And we have
31 28 (and counting) information requests. There was a lot of crossover between people who were offering to write on specific topics.
Claim a topic, do the research, write a post, fulfill a wish
Please jump in on the comments and claim a topic (also claim the topic number to keep things clear).
I really don’t care if some topics get more than one post, let’s just try to keep things as even as possible. Write your post this week by Friday Noon CDT (GMT-5 for you international folks). I’ll post a roundup with links to ALL of the posts written for the To Do Wish List Group Research Project Friday afternoon - giving you ALL Memorial Day Weekend to sit back and read, read, read!
I have had a post in my drafts for #17: Social bookmarking and media strategy for weeks, and it’s high time I completed it! So I call number 17!
PS: And thanks to Irish Eyes for the great dandelion photo! Use it!
PSS: If you want to join in, YOU ARE WELCOME TO DO SO! You can even add to our Wish List!!!